Follow me on Bloglovin'

Follow on Bloglovin

Saturday 24 August 2013

A crafty cute idea

Hello everyone! So this is something a little bit different, a little summer time fun! (before its over) I recently started to like vintage items in clothing and household objects. I love being a little bit different to everyone else and setting trends and things I think is just really fun and you generally feel better about yourself once you have achieved something amazing. I have had this idea in my head for a while now and thought it would be a really nice gift idea for when your friends or family stay over unexpectedly with no toiletries. Yes they could borrow your beauty products but I just thought that this was a cute idea and it looks very pretty in your bathroom too!
As you can see the vintage 'Brittany' hanging on my wall...

As my dad travels quite a bit in the United Kingdom for his job he stays in a lot of different hotels, as you know I the hotels they come with soaps and shampoos. I asked him to bring me back everything that he didn't use, which was everything because he brings his own toiletries. I just collected them for a while until I thought I had enough cosmetics to fill a jar. I also purchased the small pots of moisturiser from lush to add to the jar to make it a little bit more luxurious even though they are only £1. I never feel bad about buying them because the money goes to charity and they are really cute (perfect clutch bag size) Also if you want to re-purchase the full size moisturiser you get £1 off if you hand in your empty pot!



I gathered up some shells from the beach and popped them in, to give the jar a little bit of an freshness (cleaned of corse). Found some ribbon wrapped it around the jar then tied a bow and put a cute little charm on it. This is a super cute bathroom decoration idea which is also very useful! Have a go and send me a picture of yours!

A little bit different to what I normally blog about but I thought that not sharing this with you would just be mean!
See you all soon!

10 comments:

  1. Lovely idea and so cute too! I could definitely try something like this when I go back to uni :) I too have had a sudden obsession with all things vintage (in particular home accessories) great blog, keep it up :)

    laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When you have made yours send me a picture can't wait to see! I don't really know what it is lately about vintage but it just exites me:) I've only just started my blog properly, do you have any tips? Thank you! :) xx

      Delete
    2. I can email you some tips if you want? I will tell you how to set up BlogLovin' too :) My email address is on my blog at the side :) xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Brittany, this looks like a cute idea. Lovely vintage name decoration! You have a sweet blog, keep on writing about what you love, and people will love you for what you are. Time will prove that!

    Sofie x
    http://littlegreensofie.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!! :D xo
    http://poppyfalls.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a great idea! I might have to do this myself!

    http://bellamomento.blogspot.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love doing things like this, it's also a nice way to store products and great decoration! Love it! :) xx

    adaliascloset.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is an absolute brilliant idea! I'm thinking of doing this as part of my friends birthday present! xx

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment, love you all loads guys! Don't forget to follow :)